Android makes it very easy to block text messages or calls from one or more unwanted contacts. We will explain the procedure to be followed to effectively filter calls and no longer feel annoyed at the sight of a hidden or off-putting number.
There are many reasons for blocking a contact and there are also many solutions to achieve this. Either by setting up blacklists if the smartphone allows it or manually blocking each contact. The procedure remains essentially the same for all manufacturers. The titles of the options may change a bit, however. We suggest you take a tour of the main Android manufacturers.
- Android Stock: steps to block a phone number
- Block calls on a Samsung smartphone
- Block calls on an LG smartphone
- Block calls on an HTC smartphone
- Block calls on a Xiaomi smartphone
- Block calls on a Huawei smartphone
- Applications to block calls
- Orange, SFR, Bouygues, Free Mobile: your operator can also block on his side
Android Stock: steps to block a phone number
It's very simple, on most Android smartphones:
- Open the app Phone
- Go to the recent calls section
- Choose a number to block and make a long press on it
- touch Block number
There is also another method, which also allows you to consult the list and remove blocked numbers if necessary:
- Go to the app Phone> Settings (or the menu with the three dots)>Call blocking
- The list of blocked numbers will appear
- You can then add or delete numbers manually
On EMUI, it's a little different:
- Go to Phone> Settings> Spam filter,
- Go to Parameters at the top right to access the blacklist (and white).
You can delete a number from the list or add one manually, from contacts, call log or voicemail.
Depending on the versions of Android and the overlays, there will not necessarily be the possibility of defining precise rules as on some smartphones. Sometimes it is possible to block all numbers that are not in our directory, but this is a bit of an extreme measure.
That is why we offer you the following more detailed methods for the most popular brands of smartphones.
Block calls on a Samsung smartphone
- Open the app Phone
- Select the number to block then touch + top right
- Select Add to Auto Reject List
- You can consult this list in Phone> Settings (via the three dots at the top right)> Calls> All calls> Auto Reject List
Block calls on an LG smartphone
- Open the app Phone
- Go to the three dots at the top right
- Select Call settings> Call rejection
- Select Call rejection mode
- Choose Reject calls from the list
- In the previous screen go to Reject all calls from
- Add numbers by going to Plus at the top right of the screen then New number
- To reject calls whose number is withheld, choose Private number
Block calls on an HTC smartphone
- Block the number directly from the list of your calls by making a long press on it and choosing Block
- The same can be done in the SMS / MMS application
Block calls on a Xiaomi smartphone
- Go to your call list
- Press 2-3 seconds on the unwanted number
- Choose Block
- Hop! It's over !
Block calls on a Huawei smartphone
- You must first have created a contact with the unwanted number
- Find his file in your directory once created
- Go to the menu then touch Add to auto reject list
Applications to block calls
For users whose smartphone does not have adequate options, it is also possible to go through the applications of the Play Store. We find some of them like Blacklist, Call Blocker or Call Control, the goal of each of them being to help us have peace.
Call Blocker :
Call Control :
Orange, SFR, Bouygues, Free Mobile: your operator can also block on his side
Operators can directly block the numbers of your choice from their side. With some operators you have to call customer service directly, while with others everything can be done through the customer interface.
- Go to your Free subscriber area Mobile here
- Go to Manage my account> My services
- Activate the service Call filters & SMS / MMS
- Add the numbers of your choice in Filtering incoming communications
- Double check when adding that you choose the action Block about this number
- Click on Save
Orange offers an application Orange Phone which allows this blocking to be carried out.
SFR offers an application, SFR Antispam, directly on the Google Play Store. You can add the numbers you want to block there.
Bouygues offers the application Appels & You directly on the Play Store. Application that allows you to filter the calls of your choice (which amounts to blocking them). And reject anonymous calls, among other features.
It should also be noted that the government has indeed set up a Bloctel system, to try to stop telephone spam and the incessant canvassing of certain companies. Sadly, the service is incredibly inefficient, which is why we don't recommend it.
And you, what is your favorite method to block a number on your Android?