How to find a friend's Apple ID with Family Sharing
As I told you at the beginning of the guide, for find Apple ID friend's you can use In family, the service made available by the Cupertino company that allows up to six users to share their purchases on the iTunes Store, App Store and Apple Books, manage a family calendar, a list of reminders, a photo library, subscriptions to Apple Music, Apple TV and more.
So, if you are part of a Family Sharing group and if the person whose Apple ID you want to view is also present in it, you can go back to the data in question quickly and easily, by acting as iPhone, iPad or from Mac. Below you will find indicated how to proceed in all cases.
- If you are using an iPhone or an iPad, you can find the information of your interest by selecting the icon Settings (Quella a forma di ruota d'ingranaggio) that you find on the home screen and / or in the iOS / iPadOS App Library, by tapping on you don't know at the top of the new screen displayed and then on the item In family. Then select the name of the person of your interest from the list at the top of the screen and you will be able to see the Apple ID next to the entry Account.
- If you are using a Mac, you can find a friend's Apple ID through Family Sharing by clicking on the icon System Preference (Quella a forma di ruota d'ingranaggio) placed on the Dock bar macOS, by clicking on the item In family that you find in the window that opened and clicking on the button Details placed next to the name of the user of your interest, in the list on the right. You will then find the information you need in the new screen that will be shown to you, corresponding to the wording Account.
How to find a friend's Apple ID with Find My
One of the tools you may need to find a friend's Apple ID is Where is it, the official Apple service that allows you to track down friends and relatives who have consented to this possibility and, therefore, have made their Apple devices traceable.
The only thing you have to take into account is that to view the Apple ID of the contact of your interest (and other data relating to it), you must have previously added the person in question within the service and you must have had the your consent for the location. The same thing can also be done directly with the users who are part of the family group, which I'll tell you more about later.
You can use Where's from iPhone, iPad e Mac, or from the web, if you don't have an Apple device at hand. Below you will find explained how to proceed in all cases.
- If you are using an iPhone or an iPad, start the app, Where is it (which is pre-installed, but if removed it can be downloaded again and for free from the relevant section of the App Store), by selecting the relevant icon (Quella with il radar) that you find on the home screen and / or in the iOS / iPadOS App Library, then go to the section People of the same, by touching the appropriate item at the bottom, and at the bottom of the screen you will find the list with theApple ID of all your friends who have decided to be located through the aforementioned service. If you are shown the name of contacts, evidently it is because you have saved the email addresses associated with the accounts in the iCloud address book. In this case, to view a certain Apple ID, tap on name of the contact, then on the voice Contact and you will find the information you need in the card of the same that appears.
- If you are using a Mac, open the application, Where is it, selecting the relative icon (the one with the radar) that you find in the Launchpad macOS, then select the tab People in the pop-up window and you will find the Apple ID of all your friends who have chosen to be located through the service in question. If instead of your friends' Apple ID you see the name, it is because you have saved the email addresses associated with the account in the iCloud address book. If so, click the place card of the contact on the map on the right, then on the "I" in the balloon that appears and click on the item Contact, to view the contact card and, therefore, also the information you need.
- If you are using the browser, go to the iCloud.com home page and log in to yours Apple account. Next, click on the entry Find friends and on the left side of the screen you will find the list with the Apple ID of all your friends who have chosen to be located through the service. If you are shown the name of contacts, it's because you have saved the email addresses associated with the accounts in the iCloud address book. If so, to view the Apple ID use the iPhone, iPad or Mac as I explained earlier.
Other ways to find a friend's Apple ID
The systems that I have indicated in the previous lines have not been of help to you? Your problem is that you have to help a friend in need that he no longer remembers his Apple ID and / or have you lost your login credentials?
In the first case, you can suggest him to put into practice what I explained in my guide on how to find the Apple ID, while in the second you can invite him to put into practice the procedure for the recovery of the account provided by the giant of Cupertino and of which you I talked in my tutorial on how to recover Apple ID.How to find a friend's Apple ID