How to find forgotten Gmail password
Let's start this discussion by looking first how to find forgotten gmail password. Just resort to the simple password recovery procedure made available by Google, thanks to which it is possible to regain possession of your account in a rather simple way.
If you prefer to act from computer, all you have to do is go to the main page of Gmail, provide your address, indicate that you do not remember the password and follow the instructions on the screen.
Go, then, on this page, write yours email address in the appropriate text field, click on the button NEXT and click on its link Forgot password? located below the password entry field. Now you need to select one of the recovery methods from those available. For example, if you have a mobile number associated with the account you intend to retrieve, you can click the option Receive a verification code at ••• ••• •• xx.
Then, write the code that was sent to you via SMS (to the number in question), click on the button NEXT and reset your account password by typing it in the text fields Create password e Confirmation. Finally, click on the button Save password And that's it.
If, on the other hand, you want recover Gmail password without phone number (maybe because you no longer have the number in question), click on the item Try a different method until you are offered a recovery method that you think is useful (e.g. answering a Security Question previously chosen, use a alternative email address, etc.) and follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the procedure.
Smartphones and tablets
You want to act from smartphones and tablets, Why are you interested find Gmail passwords on iPhone, iPad o Android? The steps to follow are pretty much the same as I gave you in the previous chapter.
To proceed, therefore, also connected in this case to the account login page, provide yours email address in the appropriate text field and tap the button NEXT. Now, press on the voice Forgot password? and select one of the available recovery methods, for example Receive a verification code at ••• ••• •• xx.
In conclusion, reports the code that was sent to you via SMS to the number associated with your account in the appropriate text field, press the button NEXT, write the new password of your account in the text fields Create password e Confirmation and, finally, presses the button Save password.
If the recovery method described above is not available in your case or is not congenial to you, use the one available or press the button Try a different method until you are offered one that can be used in your case, such as the answer to one Security Question or using a alternative email address. After selecting the method of your interest, follow the instructions you receive on the screen to complete the operation.
How to recover Gmail password without changing it
Do you want recover Gmail password without changing it? In this case, the procedure I have described to you in the previous chapters is not the most suitable for you. Instead, try to put into practice the instructions below and see if you can retrieve it through the browser (provided that you have previously saved the login data).
If you want to act from computer, open the browser in which you think you have saved the login credentials of your Gmail account and follow the instructions below.
- Google Chrome - click on the button (⋮) (top right), select items Settings> Password, click on theeye mail to the Gmail account of your interest and, if requested, provide the Password Of computer.
- Microsoft Edge - click on the button (...) (top right), select items Settings> Profiles> Password, so as to view the password save yourself in the appropriate section on the right opened (you have to click on the symbol of theeye placed in correspondence with the Gmail account of your interest and possibly also provide the Password Of computer).
- Mozilla Firefox - to view the passwords stored in Firefox, click on the button (≡) located at the top right, select the icon of options (or of Pref Renze, depending on the operating system you use) and, in the tab that opens, select the item Privacy and security from the left sidebar. Finally, click the button Credentials saved o Saved passwords.
- Safari - go to the menu Safari> Preferences (top left), select the tab Password in the opened window, provide the Password of your user account on macOS and select the Gmail account of your interest, so as to see the relative password.
Smartphones and tablets
You have saved the Gmail password on the browser you browse from smartphones and tablets? So let me explain how to proceed in this case too.
- Google Chrome - press the button (⋮) (on Android) or on the button (...) (on iOS / iPadOS), select the items Settings> Password and, once the list of all saved passwords is displayed, press on the account of your interest, tap on theeye placed in correspondence with the item Password and, if requested, confirm your identity by fingerprint, face recognition or password set to protect the device.
- Microsoft Edge - press the button (...) at the bottom of the screen and tap on the items Settings> Save password, tap on the Gmail account of your interest (under the heading Password) and, in the opened screen, presses on the symbol ofeye located in correspondence with the wording Password and eventually confirm your identity by fingerprint, face recognition or password set to protect the device.
- Mozilla Firefox - presses the button (⋮) (on Android) or on the button (≡) (on iOS / iPadOS), select the items Settings> Credentials and passwords / Logins and passwords, click on the wording Credentials saved (only necessary if you are working from an Android device) and, after confirming your identity with a fingerprint, face recognition or password set to protect the device, press on the Gmail account whose password you want to see.
- Safari - go to the menu Settings> Password, confirm your identity via Face ID, touch ID o Password Apple ID, presses on the Gmail account of your interest and take note of the password in the new screen opened.