Prima di enter the live tutorial, walking to spiegare how to leave a WhatsApp group without the notification appearing, it is my duty to provide you with some preliminary information in this regard.
As already mentioned in the opening bars of this guide, at the moment WhatsApp does not offer any function that allows you to leave groups without being notified to the other participants. In fact, every time a contact leaves a group, the message appears in its chat [username / number] has dropped out, visible to all components.
What has just been said, however, does not imply the fact that one cannot abandon a group by trying to to go unnoticed the thing, through the application of some "tricks".
Alternatively, if the reason why you want to leave a group is due only to the "disturbance" generated by it, so if it generates too many notifications, you can consider mute conversation without abandoning it.
In all cases, it is possible to intervene both from smartphone, using the WhatsApp app for Android and iPhone, which gives computer, through the WhatsApp client for Windows and macOS or through WhatsApp Web.
Leave a WhatsApp group without the notification appearing: alternative methods
Having made the necessary clarifications above, I would say that we can finally get to the heart of the guide and go and find out what are the alternative methods when leaving a WhatsApp group without the notification appearing. You can find them indicated below. I sincerely hope they can be useful to you.
Temporarily change your profile name
The first solution that I recommend you to adopt is the one that consists of temporarily change your nickname, so that when you leave the group, the messages you typed show a name different from the one you usually use. Of course, by doing so, the other contacts in the group will still be notified of the exit of a component, but they could be "sidetracked" by not seeing your "real" name.
Also keep in mind that the new name you will set on WhatsApp will only be seen by people who have not yet saved your contact in the address book: those who have saved your contact will see you on WhatsApp with the name they have personally chosen for you, consequently , the trick described in this chapter may prove to be effective.
In any case, if you want to try to implement the "tactic" that involves the temporary change of profile name, here is how you need to proceed.
- From Android: after starting the WhatsApp app, tap the button with i three dots vertically located at the top right of the main screen, choose the item Settings from the menu that opens, select the you don't know current that you find at the top of the next screen and press the icon of pencil located at the field Your name, then type the new name to use and tap on the item Save. Then, leave the group of your interest by going to the section Chat of WhatsApp by selecting the tab at the top of the main screen of the application, by touching the conversazione related to the group of your interest (if you can't find it, you can help yourself by tapping on the icon of magnifying glass located at the top right and typing the group name in the search field that appears), then pressing the button with i three dots vertically that you find at the top right of the chat, by choosing the item Other from the menu that appears and then the option Leave group e Abandon.
- From iPhone: after starting the WhatsApp app, tap on the item Settings found in the lower right part of the main screen, press on you don't know current that you find at the top, touch the field in which the latter is inserted, delete the nickname and type the new name to use as an alternative, then confirm the changes by tapping on the item Done top right. Then, leave the group of your interest by going to the section Chat of WhatsApp by selecting the appropriate item at the bottom of the main screen of the application, by tapping on the conversation related to the group you want to go to act on (if you can't find it, you can help yourself by typing the group name of your interest in the search field above), then on group name that you find at the top of the chat and then on the option Leave group per due volte I followed.
- From computer: after starting the WhatsApp client for Windows and macOS or WhatsApp Web (if you have not yet logged in from the PC, first scan the QR code displayed on the desktop using the WhatsApp app on smartphone, proceeding as I explained to you in detail in my tutorial on WhatsApp for PC), click on the icon with the down arrow located at the top left, choose the item Settings from the menu that appears, then click the you don't know current and the icon with the pencil that you find in correspondence of the field Your name, then delete the current nickname, type the new one you want to use and save the changes by pressing the key Submit on the keyboard. Then proceed to exit the group of your interest, by going to the main WhatsApp screen, selecting the conversazione of your interest in the list on the left (if you can't find it, you can help by typing the group name in the search field at the top), by clicking on the icon with i three dots vertically (on Windows and WhatsApp Web) or on the one with the down arrow (on macOS), choosing the option Leave group from the menu that appears and confirming your intentions by pressing the button OK.
After leaving the group, if you wish, reset the name you usually use on WhatsApp.
If you think you need more details about the practices I have described to you in this step, you can consult my post on how to change your name on WhatsApp, while for what concerns the steps to take to leave a group, you can read my tutorial on how to leave a WhatsApp group.
The reason that is pushing you to leave a group on WhatsApp is that you receive too many notifications from the latter? If this is the case, instead of saying goodbye to the chat and, therefore, encountering the appearance of the annoying message that signals your abandonment to all the members, you can consider the idea of silencing the group. If you think it might interest you, you will find indicated below how to turn off notifications for single groups and / or for all.
- From Android: to silence a specific group, go to the tab Chat say WhatsApp, select the conversazione relative to the group on which you want to intervene, press the button with i three dots vertically located at the top right of the chat screen, choose the voice Disable notifications from the menu that opens, decide how long to silence the chat and tap the button OK. If you want, you can make sure that only notifications are shown to you without emitting sounds, by checking the option in advance Show notification. If you then want to disable notifications for all groups, tap the button with i three dots vertically present in the upper right part of the main WhatsApp screen, select the item Settings from the menu that opens, then that Notifications and identify the section Groups on the next screen, then tap on Notification tone e scegli l'opzione silent, That Vibration e scegli l'opzione Off, That Pop-up notifications e seleziona l'opzione No pop-up notifications is that Luce e scegli l'opzione None. Also see to bring up OFF l'interruttore che trovi accanto alla dicitura Use high priority notifications.
- From iPhone: if you want to silence a specific group, go to the section Chat du WhatsApp, select the conversazione related to the group you want to act on, tap the name located at the top of the chat screen, select the item silent and choose, through the menu that appears, how long to silence the chat. Instead, if you want to completely disable notifications for all groups, select the item Settings that you find in the lower right part of the main Whatsapp screen, then the wording Notifications, then move up OFF the switch located next to the option Show notification in the section Group notifications to hide the display of notifications and press on the item Sounds e scegli l'opzione Nobody to turn off the warning sounds.
- From computer: select the conversazione related to the group of your interest that you find on the main screen of the application, tap the icon with i three dots vertically (on Windows and WhatsApp Web) or on the one with the down arrow (on macOS) that you find in the upper right part of the chat and choose the option Disable notifications from the menu that appears, then decide how long to silence the notifications and click on the button Disable notifications. You can also intervene on all notifications in general (but not only on those relating to groups), by clicking on the icon with the down arrow located at the top left, by selecting the item Settings from the menu that opens, then that Notifications, by checking the option Turn off all desktop notifications, indicating how long you intend to disable notifications and confirming your intentions by clicking on the button Disable notifications.
For more details about the practices I have described to you in this step, you can consult my guide on how to silence a group on WhatsApp.
Other alternative methods
Another "tactic" you can adopt is that of go out while others write. In particularly large groups it is normal for there to be moments in which dozens and dozens of messages are sent in a few minutes and simultaneously. You can therefore take advantage of the occurrence of such a situation to say goodbye to the group without it noticing, making the notification indicating that you leave the chat unnoticed.
And if you find yourself having to deal with users who are not particularly experienced in the IT field, you can leave the group without implementing any particular strategy and attribute your action to some fictitious technical problems (eg WhatsApp freezes), in case you are asked to explain why. Of course, lying is not nice, so don't take advantage of it too much and if you decide to do so, assume all the responsibilities of the case.