Siri is a useful and helpful voice assistant, but for some reason some users prefer to turn it off on their iPhone or iPad. Rest assured, it's as easy to turn off Siri as it is to turn it on or back on. The process only takes a few seconds, and here's how.
Apple claimed in January 2018 that more than 500 million people worldwide use Siri at least once a month. This is approximately 125 million more than the figure previously announced in June 2017. This shows that the number of users is constantly increasing. But compared to the 1,3 billion active devices just talking about iPhones, this means that hundreds of millions of people do not find the voice assistant useful on a daily basis and many prefer turn off siri.
How to turn off Siri on iPhone and iPad?
It's easy to turn off Siri completely on your iPhone or iPad. Everything is done in two steps, which turn out to be the same no matter what device or system you are using. Here is how to do it.
- Go to Settings> Siri & Search
- Uncheck Hey Siri by flipping the tab to the left
- Uncheck Side button for Siri by flipping the tab to the left
- A message will ask for your confirmation. Tap Turn off Siri in the dialog that opens
That's it, l’assistant personnel d’Apple will normally be désactivé from your iPhone or iPad. To reactivate it, it will be enough simply to redo its steps but in reverse. In other words, to go to Settings> Siri and search then to reactivate it.
The editorial advises you:
- iPhone: how to replace Siri with Google Assistant on iOS?
- How to delete your Facebook account
- How to change default music app on iPhone or iPad?