Did your cell phone fall into the water? Please note, we are also talking about certified IP models which, contrary to popular belief, are not infallible. And during this holiday period when you will regularly find yourself at the water's edge, danger is everywhere. We therefore offer you some tips to save your smartphone in extremis if it falls into the water.
When our smartphone takes on water, at the time, it's always a bit hysteria not !). We try everything and anything, in a hurry, hoping to save our poor drowned smartphone. As we are nice at TechnologiesTips, we have prepared a kind of short guide to drowning your smartphone.
After all, not all of us are lucky enough to have a high-end, high-end, IP68-certified smartphone. Moreover, the latter remain vulnerable, the water pressure allowing its infiltration despite the certification. To find out more, discover our dossier on IP 67/68 standards.
How to save your phone fallen in water?
By following these few steps, you should be able to save the life of your smartphone. Be careful, however, the method only works for devices that offer simple access to the battery and circuits, with a removable back cover. Yes, it's rare in 2021 but there are still some. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Immediately remove the device from the water! Yes it seems logical but sometimes some users, panicked, tend to do a bit of anything and do not necessarily have this first reflex.
- Remove the battery as quickly as possible to avoid scorching everything. If possible of course, they are no longer removable on recent smartphones. Don't be afraid, you have no risk of giving us a “Claude François”. Do the same with the SIM card and the SD card.
- Sponge as much as possible with your emergency first aid kit, namely paper towels and cotton swabs for the smallest corners.
- Place your smartphone in a food bag with rice. You can also add sachets of Silica Gel. Remember to expel the air from the bag. The rice and Silica Gel will soak up all the moisture.
- Wait 48 to 72 hours before reopening the bag. The longer you wait the better. Open the bag and check if everything is dry. Restart the machine to verify that the smartphone is working well.
This method has been proven, but does not ensure a 100% smartphone rescue. It works for water. Do not try to do the same if it has fallen into milk for example (yes yes, there are some who have already done so) or in any alcoholic or sugary drink. The rice method works just as much with your laptop as it does with your smartphone or any electronic device.
Finally, be aware that even if the smartphone seems to work well, there will inevitably remain traces of oxidation in the device. His lifespan will be much shorter than if nothing had ever happened to him. If you are one of the most clumsy users, it would be better to invest in a waterproof smartphone in order to limit breakage all the same.
To conclude, it will be recalled that water is not the only danger for our smartphones during this summer period. When the temperatures rise a little too much, your smartphone risks overheating in the sun. To avoid permanent damage, we also have a few tips to prevent this from happening.