Your keyboard is Qwerty by default and you want to change it to Azerty. Or the change of language occurred following a bad handling and you do not know how to proceed to go back. It happens with all OS, whether Android on smartphone or Windows on PC. In this article, we will see how to switch from Qwerty to Azerty or vice versa.
It is an extremely frustrating experience to have to type in a keyboard language that is not ours. On a smartphone, a Qwerty virtual keyboard deprives you of all the special characters specific to the Spanish language, including accented vowels or the c cedilla, to name but a few examples. On the PC, on the other hand, it happens during the installation of Windows that the keyboard is by default in English or that it switches to it following an inadvertent manipulation. In all cases, switch from Qwerty keyboard to Azerty keyboard is not complicated in itself.
How to put your Qwerty keyboard in Azerty on your mobile phone?
Let's start with the transition from Qwerty to Azerty on an Android smartphone. Or vice versa for those wishing to switch from Spanish to English.
- Open the virtual keyboard by accessing any application with an input field (SMS, WhatsApp, etc.).
- At the bottom, next to the space bar, repeatedly tap the icon with a globe until the display of "Spanish" or "English" on the space bar depending on whether you want to switch from Qwerty to Azerty or vice versa.
- Alternatively, you can just long press the spacebar and then select your preferred language.
Switch from Qwerty to Azerty on a Windows computer
Because it happens very often that the keyboard language problem arises on PC, here is how to solve it. To change the keyboard from Qwerty to Azerty, you have two options:
- If the keyboard is currently in English, click on ENG on the right of the taskbar, just next to the date and time, then select FRA from the drop-down list.
- Alternatively, you can use one of the following shortcuts to switch between languages until the EN option is selected: Shift+Alt Gr or Shift+Alt; Alt+Shift