When you created your Twitter account, a username was automatically assigned to you. The latter therefore serves as an identifier for your subscribers and can be modified as you wish to stick as closely as possible to your desires and your personality. After all, who likes being called @yourfirstname7? This tutorial dedicated to learning how to manage your Twitter account is for you! You will see that changing your username on Twitter is far from easy.
Change your username on Twitter
- Visit Twitter, then click your profile icon to pull down the menu. Then click on the option Settings and privacy.
- In the category Account, modify the field as you wish Username.
- Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the blue button Save Changes.
- In the dialog box that opens, enter your password, then validate the name change by clicking on Save Changes.
Changing your username is therefore child's play and will not affect your account, your publications, your followers or your private messages. Your followers will simply discover your new name on your next tweet next to your profile picture! And, unlike other social networks, you can make these changes as many times as you want.
Find other tutorials to learn how to manage your Twitter account:
- How do I use Twitter with multiple accounts?
- How to change the email address of my Twitter account?
- How to change my Twitter password?
- How do I activate two-factor login on Twitter?
- How do I turn off two-factor sign-in on Twitter?
- How do I remotely log out of Twitter?
- How to create a Twitter account?
- How to delete my Twitter account?
- How to temporarily deactivate my Twitter account?
- How to reactivate your Twitter account?
- How do I link my phone number to my Twitter account?
- How to change the phone number linked to my Twitter account?