A valid email address is required to create a Twitter account. But if it has been compromised, misplaced, or if you simply want to change it, you can change the email address linked to your Twitter account. It is even the first thing to do if your e-mail address has been hacked, in order to avoid any attempt at identity theft on the social network or to protect your privacy online.
To help you learn how to manage your Twitter account, we have prepared a short tutorial that explains step by step how to change the email address linked to your Twitter account.
- Open Twitter and click the " Plus in the navigation bar on the left side of the window.
- From the drop-down menu, select " Settings and privacy ».
- A new page opens. Click on " Account on the left side of the screen, then on " Email on the right side of the screen.
- Then click on " Update email address ". You will then have to enter your password twice to change it.
Find other tutorials to learn how to manage your Twitter account:
- How do I use Twitter with multiple accounts?
- How to change my Twitter password?
- How do I activate two-factor login on Twitter?
- How do I turn off two-factor sign-in on Twitter?
- How do I change my username on Twitter?
- How do I remotely log out of Twitter?
- How to create a Twitter account?
- How to delete my Twitter account?
- How to temporarily deactivate my Twitter account?
- How to reactivate your Twitter account?
- How do I link my phone number to my Twitter account?
- How to change the phone number linked to my Twitter account?