Online services to find hotspots
As I told you, to find the hotspots scattered here and there on the cittàn territory (and not) you can make use of some special online services. Let's see immediately which ones. You will find listed those that in my opinion represent the best in the category right below.
City Wi-Fi hotspots
The first of the online services used for the purpose for which I want to advise you to contact is City Wi-Fi hotspots. This is a portal that, as the name implies, allows you to identify all public hotspots available in the Bel Paese.
You ask me how to use it? I'll explain it to you right away. To begin with, visit the home page of the service and then use the fields on the screen to define the search category, the name, the city or province of reference and the type of hotspot to search for and click on the button Search.
Then select, from the list that you will see appear under the item The search produced the following results, the hotspot you are interested in to find out more details such as the address, the protocol used and the degree of coverage.
If, on the other hand, you are looking for a more, so to speak, wide-ranging solution that, in addition to the city, allows you to find the various hotspots available also abroad, then I can not help but invite you to visit the website. Wiman. It is very simple to use, has a very well-finished interface and is accessible from any web browser.
To use it to find the hotspots available in a given area, first of all connect to the main page of the service and then type, in the search field in the center, the name of the reference city and select the relevant suggestion from the list you see appear. A new web page will therefore open with general information relating to the selected city and various info on the possibility of exploiting the hotspots in the area.
Click though Open map to view the various wireless cash points available directly on the map. Once this is done, you will be shown the total number of hotspots in the area on the left and the complete list of them. On the right, however, you will find a map with the placeholders of the various hotspots.
To find hotspots on the national territory and you cannot also use FON, a site on which there is an interactive map through which you can find all the access points belonging to the FON network scattered around the city and around the world. To exploit them, however, it is necessary to be part of the project or be a customer of certain Internet providers (eg Vodafone).
To use the site, connected to its home page, type the name of the reference location in the appropriate field on the left and select the relevant suggestion among those you see appear to start the search.
The results will then be shown to you on the on-screen map. To get more details about a given hotspot, press the relevant orange placeholder.
App to find hotspots
Let's now move on to applications to find hotspots, those resources that, similar to the Internet sites mentioned above, can allow you to find wireless access points in the city directly and comfortably from your mobile phone screen. Below you will find those that in my opinion are some of the best in the category.
Facebook (Android / iOS)
No, it's not a mistake, the Facebook for Android and iOS, the famous social network integrates a special function through which it is possible to find all the wireless access points in the area.
To use it for the purpose in question, download, install and start the app on your mobile phone or tablet, log in with your account or create one immediately and then stop on the symbol with the three lines horizontally which is on the right and select the item Find Wi-Fi annexed to the section Explore in the new screen that has opened (if you can't see it, first press on Other…).
Now, if you have not already done so, grant the app perennial access to the potion by pressing the appropriate button at the bottom of the screen and then providing the relative permissions (if you do not you will not be able to use the functionality in question) then move on map that is shown to you to view the various hotspots available.
To get more info about a given wireless access point, press on the relevant placeholder and then press on Visit the Page (to view the relevant fanpage, when available) or on Indications (to receive directions to go there). If you want, you can also view all hotspots in the form of a list. Just press on the wording List top right.
In an article all about how to find hotspots in the area, I can't help but tell you about the app Wiffinity, available at no cost for Android and iOS. It also allows you to find the wireless access points in the area and establish the connection to them without having to go through the settings of the mobile phone or tablet.
To use it, download, install and start the app on your device, then accept the conditions of use of the service and enable the location and receipt of notifications. You will therefore find yourself in the presence of a map with the various hotspots indicated on it. To receive more details about a given access point, stop on the relevant placeholder, while to connect press the button Connect bottom right.
If you then want to view all the hotspots in your vicinity in the form of a list, you have to tap on the icon Near me at the bottom right, while to download the map diana date city with the attached list of access points you have to press on the tab Download which is at the bottom center, type the name of the city of reference in the field at the top and tap on Accept in response to the warning that appears on the screen.
Another app you can rely on is Wifimap. It makes it easy for you to find available Wi-Fi hotspots in the city and around the world. It also works offline and among other things also reports access points that need passwords to be used. It is available for Android and iOS.
To use it, download, install and start the app on your device then follow the short introductory tutorial that comes soon, grant the app permissions to use the location and send you notifications and start searching for the hosts available on the map. By pressing on the various placeholders you can get further details as well as directions to reach the access point.
Using the search field at the top you can instead search for specific locations and download the relevant map with related hotspots in order to consult the data of your interest even when you are offline.
Other useful resources
Didn't the online services and apps I mentioned in the previous paragraphs convince you in a particular way? Would you like to get acquainted with additional tools used for this purpose? So give one now look at the following list of resources and tell me what you think. I am sure that they will be able to satisfy you and that they will allow you to find the hotspots present in your area or in any case it is in that of your interest.
- Institutional sites - To find the hotspots in the area you can also take a look at the institutional sites, such as those of the Municipalities, on which there are usually updated maps with the areas covered with public Wi-Fi. To find the map related to a given Municipality you can do a quick search on Google.
- WaiFi - This is another site that reports all hotspots for wireless Internet access. There are both local and foreign access points. The graphics are simple but well cared for.
- WifiMapper (Android / iOS) - Valid free app that locates the current position and shows on the map the various hotspots in the surrounding area. For each hotspot found you can see further information such as the time limit granted, if you need to register for a service etc.
- WiFi Map (Android / iOS) - Another free app of the category that bases its data on user reports. It also allows you to download maps with hotspots on the device used to consult offline.
I also advise you to take a look at my tutorial on how to find unsecured wireless networks through which I have proceeded to illustrate a further interesting system to identify and connect to hotspots and in general to wireless networks in the vicinity that are not protected by passwords. . Take a look at it, maybe you find the tips it contains interesting.
How to connect to hotspots
As I told you at the beginning of the article, to conclude I want to explain how to do to be able to establish the wireless connection with the hotspot of your interest so that you can immediately start surfing the net through it. Below you will find therefore explained how to proceed on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
- Windows - Log into your Windows account (if necessary), click onnetwork icon (Quella with him cleats) in the notification area next to the Windows clock, select the connection related to the hotspot you want to connect to and click on the button Connect.
- Mac - Log into your account on Mac (if necessary), click onnetwork icon (Quella with him cleats) located in the upper right part of the menu bar and choose the wireless network generated by the reference hotspot by clicking on it.
- Android - Grab your Android smartphone, unlock it in such a way as to access the screen where there are the icons of all the applications and step on Settings (the icon with thegear). On the next screen, locate the section Connections / Wireless and networks, select the voice Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi settings e carries his ON the relative switch (if the function is disabled). Therefore, identify the name of the network of your interest, plug it in and click on Connect.
- iOS - Grab your iPhone, unlock it, access the home screen and tap on the icon of Settings (Quella with l 'gear). Then press on the voice Wi-Fi present in the next screen, bring up ON the relevant switch (if the function is deactivated). Then identify the name of the network of your interest, press it and wait a few moments for the connection to be made.
Please note: All the free wireless networks, therefore presumably all the hotspots available in the area, are those that in the section dedicated to the management of the wireless networks of your device are indicated without the symbol of the padlock following.How to find hotspots