- Preliminary information
- How to access Prime Video on PC
- How to access Prime Video on smartphones and tablets
- How to access Prime Video on TV
- How to access Prime Video on Smart TV
- How to access Prime Video on PS4
- Other ways to access Prime Video on TV
Let's start by clarifying some basic aspects related to Amazon Prime Video. Well, Prime Video is Amazon's streaming service that allows you to watch entertainment content, such as TV series and movies, from all your devices in high quality and without commercial interruptions. It also provides for the presence of external channels, like those of Infinity, STARZ PLAY, Juventus TV, MUBI e Midnight Factory which, however, require the payment of separate subscriptions.
Prime Video, on the other hand, is included in the subscription Amazon Prime: a plan with a cost of 3,99 euro / month o 36 euro / year which allows you to access various benefits, such as deliveries in one working day on many products.
A free trial period of 30 days, through which you can test all Amazon services, including Prime Video. At the end of this period, the offer automatically renews based on the subscription plan chosen. In any case, it is possible to deactivate the subscription before the end of the trial and not pay even a cent.
To use Prime Video, you first need an Amazon account, which you can create directly from the official website of the well-known e-commerce platform, via the section Account e list (which you find in the area at the top right): if you want to know more about how to create an Amazon account, I suggest you read my guide dedicated to the topic.
After creating an Amazon account, you need to sign up for a subscription to Amazon Primeby clicking on the section Sign up for Prime, located at the top right of the official Amazon website. Also in this case, if you encounter difficulties in activating the Prime plan, I suggest you read my tutorial dedicated to the topic.
That said, you are ready to use Prime Video on the device you own. In this regard, I advise you to read in detail all the information you will find in the next chapters.
How to access Prime Video on PC
If you want access Prime Video on PC, know that this is possible by simply using any of the most popular web browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari e Opera. However, I warn you that the browser service has a streaming video quality up to that HD with audio in stereo (lower than what you can get on other devices, where you also get to 4K).
That said, let's take action. To use Prime Video on your PC, launch your favorite browser and go to the official website of the service. Once this is done, log in with your Amazon account by pressing the button Amazon Prime customer? Log in. By doing so, you will reach the Prime Video main screen to start watching all the content of your interest.
You don't need to install any special plugins or software. For more information, I strongly encourage you to read my tutorial on how Amazon Prime Video works.
How to access Prime Video on smartphones and tablets
If you want access Prime Video on your smartphone or tablet, you need to know that the appropriate app for operating systems is available Android/FireOS (the minimum version required depends on the device) e iOS / iPadOS (starting from version 12.1). The app can be downloaded for free from the virtual stores of these operating systems, but to access you will need to have a Prime Video account.
Per scaricare l'app Prime Video on your smartphone or tablet Android, reach this link directly from your device, to open the tab of the app in question on the Play Store. Alternatively, start the latter via its icon on the home screen or in the drawer and use the search engine to type in the terms “prime video”.
After performing this operation, all you have to do is press the button Install, for the app to be downloaded and installed Prime Video on your Android smartphone or tablet. All you have to do is tap on the Prime Video icon that you find on the home screen or in the drawer, to start the service, for which you will have to log in with your Amazon account. On the terminals FireOS (where, however, it should be pre-installed) and on Android devices that do not have the Play Store, you can use the Amazon store.
If you own a iPhone or iPadinstead, start theApp Store and use the card Search, to locate the app of this Amazon service, by typing the terms “prime video” in the search box. Alternatively, you can reach this link directly from your Apple device, to view the app card Prime Video on the App Store.
Once this is done, press the button Get or onspeech bubble icon (if you have already downloaded the app before) and unlock the download and installation via Face ID, Touch ID or Apple ID password. Again, the app icon Prime Video will be available on the home screen of your device.
How to access Prime Video on TV
If you want to watch Prime Video on the television from the comfort of your living room sofa, what you have to do is carefully read all the tips you will find in the next chapters.
How to access Prime Video on Smart TV
If you own one Smart TV, watching the contents of Prime Video is a simple operation, as the official app of the service is available on the stores of all the major manufacturers.
Going into more detail, among the Smart TV brands on which you can download and install the Amazon Prime Video app, there are Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Xiaomi, JVC, Hisense, Philips, Sharp e AOC.
Per scaricare l'app Prime Video on your Smart TV, all you have to do is start the virtual store on the device and use the search engine to type in the terms “prime Video” (making sure, of course, the TV is connected to the internet). Alternatively, you may find the app in the featured apps section. At this point, all you have to do is access the app tab and press on download button, to proceed with the installation.
You can find the app you just downloaded in the Home of the TV, along with the others you have previously downloaded and those available by default. Then launch the app Prime Video and indicate the access data of your account Amazon Prime, to log in. If any steps are not clear to you, you can consult my guide on how to install apps on Smart TV.
How to access Prime Video on PS4
If you own one PlayStation 4, know that you can use the latter to access Prime Video. To proceed in this sense, you must first access the Internet with your console, following the advice I gave you in this guide of mine.
After doing this, go to the icon TV and video that you find in the PS4 dashboard and go to the tab All Apps. At this point, select the one named Amazon Prime Video, among the list of apps that you find available in the list.
Now, all you have to do is hit the button Download, so that all the components necessary for the app are downloaded and installed Prime Video can work correctly on the console. I remind you that you will have to start the app Prime Video and log in with your account Amazon Prime, to use the services of this streaming platform.
A similar system can also be followed on the most recent consoles of the family Xbox.
Other ways to access Prime Video on TV
In addition to the solutions I gave you in the previous chapters, there are also other methods to be able to access Prime Video on your TV. In most cases, however, you will need to purchase external devices to connect to the latter. Which? Now I will show you some of the most interesting.
- chromecast: is an HDMI key produced by Google that allows you to receive audio / video content from compatible devices, such as smartphones and tablets, by connecting everything to the same Wi-Fi network. It has costs starting from 39 € (for the Full HD variant) and can be purchased on the Google store or in electronics stores. To cast Prime Video content on Chromecast, you need to configure the device via the Google Home app, launch the Prime Video app for Android / iOS / iPadOS and press thetransmission icon that you find in the application. If you want to know more about Chromecast, I suggest you read my guide dedicated to the device.
- Fire TV Stick: is the Amazon key to transform the TV into a Smart TV. It has a low cost and is easy to use. It is available in Full HD and 4K variant and unlike Chromecast it has an integrated app store and a remote control with which to control it. Prime Video services are integrated into the device: you only need to log in to the dongle with your Amazon Prime account. For more information, I suggest you read my guide on how the Fire TV Stick works.
- TV Box Android: these are multimedia boxes to be connected to the TV in order to access apps for Android, including that of Amazon Prime Video. They are available in various sizes, shapes and prices. Among the best, in terms of performance and software certifications, I point out NVIDIA Shield. More info here.
- Apple TV: is Apple's set top box to make your TV Smart. Through the integrated App Store it is possible to download the Prime Video app and enjoy the contents available on this streaming platform. It is available in Full HD variant and in 4K variant. I told you about it in detail in my guide on how Apple TV works.
Finally, I would like to point out that from December 2020 Prime Video is also available on the devices of Sky, such as the Sky Q decoder and NOW TV Smart Stick.Vedi offers your Amazon How to access Prime Video