Before we delve into the heart of this guide and see it in detail how to remove WhatsApp reporting, let me give you some preliminary information that you absolutely must know in order to complete the operation in question.
The first thing you need to know is that, at the time of writing, WhatsApp does not offer a function that actually allows you to cancel the sending of a spam report made to a user or group.
The only thing you can try to do is to contact the WhatsApp team via email and specify that the spam report sent to a certain user is erroneous. Let me tell you what to do with both single chats and group conversations.
How to remove the spam report on WhatsApp
Now let's see how to remove the spam report on WhatsApp, or at least how to try to do it. Below, you will find explained in detail how to contact the WhatsApp team to try to revoke the report; also, if you need it, I will tell you how to remove the block imposed on a specific contact or group chat (if you have reported and blocked a contact or group).
How to remove the reporting of a WhatsApp contact
If you wish remove the report of a WhatsApp contact, you must try to contact the team of the well-known messaging platform: to do so, write an email (in English) in which you indicate your cellphone number and, above all, the contact number that you reported incorrectly. If you remember, also specify the day andNow in which you made the erroneous report.
As the subject of the email, you can write "Wrong spam alert for [phone number]", or "Incorrect spam report for [phone number]". Once you have composed the message and are ready to do it, send it to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to reporting the contact in question, did you also block him? Well, then let me briefly explain how to lift the block. Below you will find indicated how to act on Android, iOS and computer.
- Your Android - start WhatsApp, tap the button (⋮), select the voice Settings from the menu opened and presses on the items Account> Privacy. Then select the item Contacts blocked, make a long tap on the name of the contact you want to unblock, select the entry Unblock [name] from the box opened and that's it.
- Your iPhone - start WhatsApp, tap on the tab Settings placed at the bottom right and go to the menu Account> Privacy. At this point, select the option Blocked, to view the list of blocked contacts within the service, locate the one you want to unblock and make one swipe from right to left on it. The red button will appear on the right Unlock: press it, to unlock the user, and that's it.
- On computer - access WhatsApp via the Web version of the service or its client for Windows and macOS, click on the button (⌵) o (⋮) situato in alto a sinistra, selects the voice Settings from the menu that opens and click on the option Blocked located on the left. Next, locate the name of the contact you want to unblock, click on (X) placed next to the latter and confirms the operation by clicking on the button Unlock present in the box that appeared on the screen.
For more information on how to unblock a person on WhatsApp, see the guide I linked to you. I am sure that this reading will also be useful to you.
How to remove WhatsApp group reporting
You came to this guide with the aim of remove the reporting of a WhatsApp group? To try to succeed in this "enterprise", you must practically follow the same instructions I gave you in the previous chapter: contact the WhatsApp team via email, explaining what happened and, if necessary, unblock the group of your interest.
First, contact the WhatsApp team by writing an email (in English). As the subject of the message, write "Wrong spam alert", or "Incorrect spam report", while in the body of the message it indicates the your phone number, name of the blocked group and number of your administrator. If possible, also indicate the day andNow in which the erroneous report was made and, when you are ready to do so, send the email to the address email@example.com.
In addition to reporting the WhatsApp group in question, had you also blocked it, or rather silenced it? In this case, unlock it by following the instructions below.
- Your Android - start WhatsApp, tap on group name located on the screen Chat, presses again on group name place at the top and move up OFF the switch located in correspondence with the wording Disable notifications.
- Your iPhone - start WhatsApp, go to the screen Chat, presses on group name you want to reactivate, tap the group name posto in alto, selects the voice silent, button silent e seleziona l'opzione Reactivate notifications give the menu check if you press.
- On computer - access WhatsApp via the Web version of the service or its client for Windows and macOS, click on group name that you had muted, click the group name placed at the top, remove the check mark from the box silent and then click on the button Reactivate notifications give the menu check if you press.
If instead of silencing the group, you had left it permanently, the only way to re-enter it is to ask the administrator of the group to add you again (if he is willing to do so). More info here.
If you need further information on how to unblock a person on WhatsApp, please consult the guide that I linked to you: I am sure that this reading will also be useful to you.