Want to convert PDF file to Word document? In this article, we'll show you how to do this for free without resorting to a paid solution. The main advantage of such an operation is to be able to modify the converted document. Because the PDF format is not easily editable.
Whether on Android or on a computer, it is possible to convert a PDF document to Word (.docx) or in another easily editable text format. In most cases, this conversion is motivated by the need to edit the document in question. Because anyone who has ever tried to edit a PDF knows that it is a complicated task.
The easiest way is to transform the file into a Word document, make changes and then convert it back to PDF. We will go through several methods and take you step by step through how they work. We are going to focus on the services that are easier to use. We start first with what Google offers as a means to help us in carrying out this task.Summary
- Convert PDF to Word using Google Drive (PC)
- Convert PDF file to Word document: online solutions
Convert PDF to Word using Google Drive (PC)
It is a very simple method. To convert PDF to Word, simply upload the file to Google Drive. Then open it in Google Docs and see the magic unfold before your eyes. Google Docs will automatically transform PDF into editable text document. The final step is to download the converted file in .docx format.
And if you want, you can make any necessary changes before downloading. This is the most efficient way to edit a PDF and ultimately convert it to a Word document. Now let's see how to do it step by step.
- Open Google Drive (drive.google.com) from the browser and sign in with a Google account
- Import the PDF file into the Drive by doing a “drag and drop”.
- Once the file has loaded, right-click on it, then click Open with> Google Docs.
- That's it. All you have to do is edit your document quickly and easily.
- To recover it in Word for future modifications, just click on File> Download> Microsoft Word (Docx).
- You are welcome to download the file directly as a PDF if you do not intend to make any changes later.
Convert PDF file to Word document: online solutions
Several websites allow you to convert a PDF file to Word very easily. You will only have to import the document and press the Convert button. If you do this with the intention of modifying the PDF, complex formatting usually gets lost when converting. You will therefore have to take them back if necessary and if possible.
The site PDF2Doc.com is one of the easiest to use. Here is how to proceed with this service to perform a conversion in seconds.
- Start by going to the site at https://www.pdf2doc.com/fr/
- You have two options to import the PDF to convert: click the button Select to find the document to convert to Word or do a drag and drop in the canvas.
- The file will be loaded. Then just click on the button Download or Download all.
PDF to Word Converter: if you prefer an Android application
This application is completely free to convert PDF to Word. When opening, you have several choices for the output file. All you have to do is select the PDF to doc option.
- Select the format that suits you best
- Choose the file you want to convert
- Wait for the operations to be completed and you're done.
There are other applications or methods to convert PDF files to editable documents. On Windows, for example, we have LibreOffice which allows you to do this among other things. However, if you routinely use Google services or an Android smartphone, the methods that we have just presented to you are simple, fast and efficient.